Education & Experience:
With a love for all things vintage, Laura Nash creates fashion sewing patterns with a stylish mix of modern-vintage. She has a BS in Apparel Design, a research background in historic clothing, and expertise in pattern making and fit. She loves to help others and travels to teach at sewing conferences and expos throughout the USA. By student demand, she wrote her book “Pattern Alterations for a Beautiful Bust.” Working with others in her industry, she has partnered with Craftsy, Threads magazine, and Simplicity Patterns. Sew Chic Patterns are available online here and in fine fabric shops worldwide. Wholesale inquiries welcome.
Laura Nash began sewing and designing vintage-inspired gowns for brides and Moms while in college. After venturing into the world of fashion show competition, high-end retail, and ready-to-wear, she realized her passion lay in sewing patterns. In 2007 Sew Chic Pattern Company was created featuring Laura’s unique mix of modernized vintage styles. They are classic, unique, and adaptable to your personal taste, and her approachable teaching style will help you sew with a speed, quality, and style that will be distinctly yours!
Sewing Patterns & Customer Satisfaction:
- With a blend of modern, classic, and timeless styling, and just the right touch of vintage.
- A unique sizing system that runs similar to Ready-to-Wear.
- Quality pattern making with grading and fit standards that ensure each pattern sews together perfectly with a consistent fit between styles.
- Easy to follow instructions that are organized using quick and professional construction techniques to help make the best use of your valuable sewing time.
- Create styles with that something special, be it clever details, innovative techniques, helpful templates, or special instructions or tips, to make both sewing AND wearing a pleasure.